Monday, October 15, 2007

This is a picture of south Cache Valley in the morning at about 7:50 AM when I arrive at school taken from the parking lot.
Tyler’s surgery went well. There was a lot more damage than the emergency room doctors had reported to the surgeon and family. The nerves were completely severed and the tendons need extensive reconstruction. Ronda made dinner for them and we took it over. Tyler was asleep on the couch still tired from surgery, but doing well.

Just before going in a little boy from next door that I knew from Bridger Elementary yelled, “Mr. Welch, where are you going?”

We had a conversation and later when I came out of Tosha’s house the young boy said, “Come over and eat dinner with us.”

I apologized, “I’m sorry, but my wife has dinner already made and we are going home to eat.”

He said, “Bring her too.”

I smiled, “…but our food is waiting for us at home.”

Without hesitation he invited, “Bring the food too. We’ll eat it with you.”

2 comments:

Tanielle said...

What a beautiful view! Those red leafs make the mountain look spectacular! So with Tyler's surgery and the extensive nerve and damage how did the doctors say it went? How well is well? Hope he can recover with little problems. They are in our prayers. - Tanielle

Dave or Ronda said...

They said, "It is a wait and heal deal." With nerves it all depends on if they grow back together and that can take up to five years. In the priesthood blessing he was blessed, "that he would have a full recovery."
I have faith that will happen. -Love Dad