Saturday, October 27, 2007

Stake Conference


Stake Conference was especially enlightening. Those of us with children that have gone astray can help by loving them unconditionally and living the gospel with our heart, might, mind, and soul. Study, prayer, missionary work, testimony, temple work, etc. will purify our hearts, spirits, bodies and minds. I imagine our wayward children tire of us trying to convert them or get them to change their ways.

I need to concentrate on improving myself and living God’s commandments. Share my testimony, joy, and let my loved one see that doing “good” feels “good”. Then being there when help is needed.

Heavenly Father simply wants us to be happy. Think of the kite. The string represents a loving Father’s commandments that keep us grounded and in control. When we break His commandments, it is like cutting the string that He is holding and we, like the kite, tumble to the ground unrestrained and out of control.

No comments: