Saturday, October 13, 2007

Fruit of the Vine

Brittny is home this weekend from Weber State University visiting the family and Matt. They are working on homework in the dinning room as I write.



Ronda made grape juice today… Welch’s Grape Juice from our vineyard against the backyard fence. Last night, David the young man that went to the football game with Tiffany, Ronda and I told Ronda that his mother made juice from their plumbs. So she got out the juicer and started making Welch’s Plumb Juice. Sorry, it isn’t for sale. I sampled some and it is extremely tart. I’m not a tart person. While she worked in a hot kitchen I harvested the potatoes and onions from our garden, mowed the lawn and washed out the garage. It was a beautiful fall day in the midst of trees sporting yellow and orange leaves. Mowing the lawn also help me rack leaves that I blew under the large blue spruce bordering the yard. We finished the day folding seven or eight loads of clothes.


Saturday is the day we get ready for Sunday. Sunday, my favorite day, a day of worship and rest. I think we are ready for Sunday.

No comments: