Sunday, January 31, 2010


Arza Huff Welch is my father. He is the tall cowboy in the Hawaiian shirt. Karen Coleman Welch is the one holding me in the saddle. The motherly instinct runs deep and come early in the Welch Family. In the front of the saddle horn riding shot gun is David Welch (myself). This saddle looks like a Denver Heiser an old saddle very hard to find but one of the best ever made. Over the last two years I have be looking for a Heiser (having ridden in one my friend Chuck has) for the last two years. I finally found one on KSL.com and bought it December 2009. To my surprise, when pulling out this picture I found this saddle also looks like it is a Heiser. I never would have guessed.

1 comment:

Tosha said...

I think that Stetson may have gotten the furrowed brow from his grandpa welch:)